Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cross Country Keller Invitational







It's a Thursday night after a volleyball game. A gentleman comes up to me and asks if I ever go to cross country meets? I said it's been 4 years since I shot cross country. Well there's one this Saturday and it's fairly close. It's in Keller. Ok I'll go. My thought was to show up, shoot a few photos and be out of there in an hour or so.... Yea right! I had no idea that half of Texas was going to be there. Ok, so there are many more schools than expected. I'll shoot varsity boys and girls only be there a couple of hours then I can leave..... Yea right! While waiting for varsity girls to start, I'm standing next to Coach Johnson when he receives a call from Mrs. Van Hoose. Tiff just finished her select soccer game and wants to know if she can at least make it to the JV run? I was thinking how many athletes would even go to the cross country meet after playing a select soccer match? Not very many. I decided if Tiff is willing to run, I would stay and leave after she's finished..... Yea right! A few minutes before the JV run, here comes the middle school athletes. They all walk by and say hello except one. He says "Wow you actually came to shoot our meet? No one ever shows up for us." Guilt! I shot the middle school run and to be honest, even though I was there half the day, I very much enjoyed myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment